Monday, January 9, 2012

First, I want to thank those of you who have already started helping me out from my last post! I've got so many books, I don't know what to do! Finishing up Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (again) today and then starting Waiting for Sunrise by William Boyd (thanks Brittany! :] )

My oatmeal today was gross, and there's lotsa drama at work today, but I had some caffeine this morning and a really good weekend, so I've got a pep in my step today! :)

On a down side, though, I am coming to realize just how hard it is to find a paid position in the arts community. So sad...the couple of inquires I was hopeful about turned out to be volunteer positions. Not really sure where to go from here or what to do after this temp job ends. Suggestions? I'm getting a little nervous and worried. Definitely need to look into doing art lessons full time or...something. AHHH...


it's officially been 6 hours since I started this blog post this morning at work and now it's almost quittin' time.


xoxoxox

2 comments:

  1. This is what I have to say on the job front: Don't stress too much, you are right out of school and it will take a while to find the perfect fit. Years and years ago...like a million years ago...my mom took me to an Oprah Growth Summit and she talked about letting things go into the universe and it really stuck with me. You can't continuously worry and focus on the problem, let it go into the universe and what will be will be. If you are constantly stressed about it you wont find it because you are to focused on not having it to begin with. You will find your nitch in the world that allows you to both create and provide for your family. You are to vibrant a person for it to be any other way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie. I just don't know where to go from here...and I feel that if I just "let it go into the universe" I will end up unemployed. As it is, the harder I try to do something perfectly, the more likely it is to be all fucked up anyway.

    ReplyDelete